Friday, May 2, 2014

Lazy Life vs. a Lazy Mind



On returning from Berlin with a nasty cold, I spent a few days at home with my head wired to the computer. Then I got a translation assignment - a three-day job that I somehow stretched to 5 lazy uninspired days.
When I finally visited the boat I accomplished exactly what you see in the two photographs below.
Applied the new trick for removing the winch cap.
Removed the winch cap (on both Barlow 28 winches) and then screwed them on again.
I also ran the engine in gear for 15 minutes. 

I didn't clean the winches because I'd need some diesel in a jug. The gas station is 2 km away, so I'd need to get the jug, walk to the jeep, drive 2 km, pump some diesel into the jug, pay for it, drive back and lug it to the boat. That's a lot of work, at least 30 minutes worth. After taking all these major hassles into consideration, I realized wouldn't have time to clean both winches...better leave it for another day. A fine example of the lazy mindset - taking the path of least resistance always wins.

My mind has been stuck in this mode for 2 weeks. Being lazy and going fishing, going for a long walk or sitting under a tree reading a good book is good. Being lazy and doing nothing sucks. 

Sailing season and house rental season are just around the corner, and I have a million things to do. Gotta snap out of it before it becomes a habit. 

PS Just got two translation jobs for the weekend. Maybe I'm getting lazy because I'm living a dog's life.






No comments:

Post a Comment