Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Working, Sailing and Lies

“Life is more or less a lie, but then again, that's exactly the way we want it to be.” -  Bob Dylan

On the other hand, life is so complex there's no sense talking about it much, except when you feel like getting drunk. You can talk and dream all you want; one day you take a wrong turn and end up an overworked hack translator with a sailboat constantly begging for TLC and a bunch of nonsensities clinging to your coat.

OK, now that I got that off my chest let me tell you about what's going on around here. 

Dinghy ferry
The marina is temporarily an island, so the club rigged up this charming self-service miniature ferry.
dinghy retrieval system
Pull on the line on the left and way you go. No rush-hour crowds on this public transport system.
Anyway, I'm working like you wouldn't believe. And you probably don't believe it because if it were true, you say to yourself, I wouldn't be visiting the marina or even writing this blog for that matter. 

And you'd be right, except that I stopped watching TV (well, almost), stopped reading books and looking in the mirror. I don't smoke (smoking is a time thief), I hardly ever go shopping, I don't commute to work, I Facebook about twice a year, I Twittered 3 or 4 times, and that's plenty enough (still don't know what all the fuss is about and don't care), I mow the lawn only when the grass looks like my hair and I cut my hair when it looks like the grass. Instead of going to the gym, I have my own sweat-producing gig in the attic. Sometimes I go for long walks but walk really fast, and I shave only every other day. However, I do shower every morning, except when I'm living on the boat.







No comments:

Post a Comment